There is nothing I love more in this word than a new book! With it’s crease free spine, delicate pages and beautiful aroma BUT when you’ve got to fund an addiction on a budget you need to be thrifty! Charity shops offer an endless supply of enjoyment from hunting and sifting through shelves and shelves and stacks upon stacks of books to ultimately settling down with your haul in the comfort of your little book nook – and how can you say no to a book for 10p?
So in all the excitement of finishing my finial year of a Psychology degree and having regained part of my life I thought was lost forever, I went out and purchased no less than 33 books. Oooops. Under the guidence of my good friend and bad influence, Shannan (Twenty Something and Day Dreaming) we hit the streets of Whitley Bay on the hunt for a bargain.
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- The Boy In the Striped Pyjamas – John Boyne
- The Da Vinci Code – Dan Brown
- Life After You – Lucie Brownlee
- The Miniaturist – Jessie Burton
- The Mortal Instruments Series (1-6) – Cassandra Clare*
- The Bane Chronicles – Cassandra Clare
- Gone – Michael Grant
- The Abortionist’s Daughter – Elisabeth Hyde
- The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden – Jonas Jonasson
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- Florence Foster Jenkins – Nicholas Martin & Jasper Rees
- Sheltering Rain – Joyo Moyes
- The Peacock Emporium – Jojo Moyes
- Before I Go – Colleen Oakley
- The Little Red Chairs – Edna O’Brien
- The Percy Jackson Series (1-5) – Rick Riordan*
- The Vampire Diaries (1-4) – L. J. Smith
- The Ice Twins – S. K. Tremayne
- The Shadow of the Wind – Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Watcher in the Shadows – Carlos Ruiz Zafon
*These were purchased at The Work as completed sets for £15 & £10 respectively.
There were a few of the essential classics I am yet to read and obviously had to buy, but mostly I wanted to just broaden my horizon when It comes to reading so many I just picked up in hope I’ll enjoy. My grand total came just shy of £50, which makes each book about £1.50 – RESULT! Now I can rest easy for the summer knowing I have a degree in my pocket and many glorious stories to devour. Let me know what you think of this haul – any you’ve read or any suggestions of which I should be reading RIGHT NOW?
Currently Reading: City of Bones – Cassandra Clare